I like how this School of Life video reframes what a drug is and encourages us to embrace the drugs that make our life better.
And that got me thinking about which drugs I enjoy. When I was younger I liked some which for several reasons we won’t mention. My needs are tamer now, I can think of
- Hot sauce, particularly sriracha and Tabasco.
- The sound of an intensely distorted electric guitar.
- Tickling my kids.
- My wife’s kisses.
- The light and sounds and smells of the Adirondacks and the beach.
- A great pair of jeans.
- The sleepy, relaxed feeling from staying up late.
- Coming in from the bitter cold to a warm home, a glass of bourbon by the fireplace, and my cold face tingling as it warms.