I’m finding examples of agile work practices in more and more places, and see them as perfectly aligned with the application of design practice in innovation services. Here’s a running list…
- Agile programming has the most robust expression, including a philosophy, an alliance of various approaches, tools, software, and measured results.
- Agile project management
- Get Real from 37 Signals is an effective framing for web application developers
- Lean manufacturing
- Lean manufacturing applied to programming
- Adaptive Co-management in forestry
- Artful Making is the application of theatrical processes to business
- The Knowing-Doing Gap
- Research into pre-mechanization group work
I think people in the product design and user-centered design disciplines work in agile ways as well, but haven’t yet found a common frame that other disciplines readily understand.