Tangible Futures, Part 3: Principles
These are principles I’m using to develop tangible futures now…
Tangible Futures are
- Inspirational, touching us both intellectually and emotionally.
- Pragmatic, optimistic in a realistic way.
- Innovative, they are a vision of something that is a mystery now because, by definition, we haven’t invented it yet.
- Strategic, describing something happening years in the future.
- Custom, applied to a particular organization.
- Storytelling, encapsulating the people, places, things, and relationships of a situation in the accessible format of a story.
Tangible Futures are not
- Strategic plans