Dave Pollard laments that although everyone seems to agree innovation is important, few companies seem prepared to bring in someone professional to help them do it better. He offers four reasons for this:
- People don’t like to change.
- Everyone thinks they can do it themselves.
- It’s a ‘dragon’ issue, so it involves a lot of trust.
- It requires understanding of how and why the market has moved on without you.
- Clients want outsourcing to result in less work for them, but collaboration and co-creation requires more work.
I’ll add one more:
Link courtesy CPH.